Portland (first floor main hall)
The Portland is our main hall and is suitable for large private or business events, holding up to 200 guests.
The space regularly plays host to wedding receptions; large business meetings; community groups celebrations; parties; dance shows; concerts; theatre productions; and the monthly Hucknall Jumble Sale. Rest assured, whatever the event, we'll help you create an unforgettable experience for your visitors or guests.
You can be as creative as you want to with our blank canvas rooms, or choose from a selection of packages to suit all tastes and budgets. Follow these quick links to find out more:
Or if you'd prefer just to book a space for your next event and handle things yourself, see our room only hire prices
*Some features are optional extras - please ask for confirmation of prices.
- 200 Guest capacity
- Full sprung dance floor
- Private bar
- Access to commercial kitchen
- Wheelchair access (direct from car park)
- Elevated stage with dressing room
- Remote control colour LED lighting - any colour of your choice (your favourite, tie-in with a party theme, or match your business or club colours) and multi-coloured disco feature (see video below)
- Huge 10ft x 7.5ft screen for rear or front projection
- Sound system
- Outlook over churchyard to St Mary Magdalene church
- High ceiling suitable for swags and decorations
Please call us on 0115 963 9633 or email the John Godber Centre
for more information or to arrange the viewing of our rooms.
Did you know?
The room takes its name from local Victorian landowner the Duke of Portland
, who donated the land upon which the John Godber Centre sits to the St Mary Magdalene church community at the turn of the 20th Century.