Latest guidance on face coverings in relation to the JGC
From today (Friday 24th July) face coverings are now mandatory in additional enclosed public spaces including shops, supermarkets, shopping centres and transport hubs.
Wearing a face covering is NOT mandatory in other venues that have measures in place to protect staff and the public from COVID-19.
The John Godber Centre, as a community venue has worked with hirers and staff to create a robust risk assessment of control measures to reduce the risk of transmission in the venue, with social distance and increased hygiene procedures in place, and at the current time masks are not mandatory for those working and visiting the building. However, we fully support staff, hirers and members of the public wearing them in the venue.
WE KINDLY ASK IF YOU ARE WEARING A MASK AT THE JOHN GODBER CENTRE YOU:
• wash your hands or use hand sanitiser before putting one on or taking it off
• avoid taking it off and putting it back on again a lot in quick succession
• store it in a plastic bag in between washes or wearing (avoid putting on surfaces in the venue)
• avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth while wearing one
• if asked to remove your mask for identifying purposes by staff or hirers you kindly support this request and do so (even if you return to the outside of the venue to do so)
We are continually reviewing the guidance as it is released, and individual groups may have their own policies in place for activities in their rooms regarding face coverings as part of their own individual risk assessment, so please check in advance with your hirer.
Please be kind and respectful to all, the venue is used by many (including many of those exempt from wearing coverings) and we wish to be welcoming and supportive to all and understanding of individual situations and anxieties at this time.
Over the coming weeks as we reopen the venue to more groups and the public, we will review our risk assessments and measures and make changes if necessary.
Staff safety and wellbeing, and that of all who visit and use the venue is our highest priority. We hope people understand our acceptance of the Government guidance relating to face coverings in venues that have measures in place to protect staff and the public from COVID-19 and as an employer keep all risks to staff as low as possible.
THANK YOU FOR YPUR ASSISTANCE